CONTACT & PRINTS
1. ENTIRE AGREEMENT: This agreement contains the entire understanding between Mike Danby and the Bride & Groom. It replaces any prior agreements that may have been made.
2. CONFIRMATION: A signed wedding contract and booking fee are necessary to confirm the stated wedding services from Mike Danby Photography.
3. BOOKING FEE: The booking fee is due on signing this agreement, with the balance due on or before the dates specified on the agreement. Dates are reserved ONLY when the deposit is paid.
4. BALANCE OF PAYMENTS: The 2nd payment is to be made not later than 28 (twenty-eight) days (4 weeks) prior to the wedding day, with the delivery payment being made upon delivery and acceptance of the images, delivery payment will also have any additional expenses added to it if applicable, see section 19. TRAVEL.
5. PAYMENT FOR PHOTOBOOK ALBUMS & OTHER PRODUCTS: Albums ordered at the time of making a booking as part of a package are paid as per the Wedding package. Albums ordered after the booking is made, Payment is to be made in FULL at the time of ordering with a completed order form. Orders for albums maybe placed after receiving the photo USB.
6. METHOD OF PAYMENTS: Payment for Wedding Packages & Photobook Albums may be made by Internet Bank Transfer, Cheque or Cash. Details for Internet Transfer available on request, Cheques are to be made payable to - Mike Danby Photography.
7. SUSTENANCE: The Bride & Groom agree to provide a meal and a drink for the photographer where the length of attendance exceeds five hours.
8. PRE-WEDDING CONSULTATION: This normally happens at the time of booking. The Bride & Groom will outline broadly what is required and Mike Danby will advise on planning, logistics and timings where needed. If required. The Bride & Groom are welcome and encouraged to make contact for an additional chat closer to the time of the wedding to iron out the remaining details. In any case we will contact you by phone or email a few days before the wedding to ensure that there have been no last minute changes.
9. COOPERATION: The Bride & Groom and Mike Danby consent to cheerfully cooperate and communicate with each other to achieve the best possible result within the understanding of this contract. We recommend that the wedding photographer is provided with a helper (usually the best man or usher) who will point out key individuals to be photographed. The photographer may also require the assistance of the best man in organising family and other requested groups. The Bride & Groom also agree to give the photographer sufficient warning of key events at the wedding to give the photographer time to prepare e.g. Bouquet throwing, cutting the cake, speeches etc. Please note that not all guests at wedding like having their photo taken. In such cases the wedding photographer will use his discretion but cannot be held responsible for a lack of photos of these people.
10. THE SCHEDULE: Our shooting schedule, style of working and experience are designed to achieve the best set of wedding photos for the Bride & Groom, accomplished with good humour and enjoyed by all concerned. Both the Bride & Groom and Mike Danby therefore agree that punctuality and cheerful cooperation are essential to producing outstanding photographic results. In cases were the wedding does not run on time (for example, extreme lateness by the bride arriving to the venue) we cannot guarantee to take our normal set of photos although in such circumstances we will do our absolute best to compensate.
11. EXCLUSIVITY: Mike Danby will be the sole professional (still) photographer at the venues specified. I do however positively encourage family, friends, and other guests to take photographs throughout the day.
12. PAPARAZZI WEDDING GUESTS: A lot of your guests will have digital cameras / camera phones, and they will want to photograph the Bride & Groom. In the spirit of cheerful cooperation the Bride & Groom agree to give the photographer precedence over their guests in order to take the photographs required for the wedding services described above. While encouraging photography by attendees, we cannot be held liable for a lack of wedding photos if the photographers work has been continually interrupted by guests taking their own photos of the Bride & Groom.
13. HOUSE RULES: The photographer is sometimes limited by rules imposed by registrars, ministers and venue management as to what can and cannot be done. For example some ministers insist that no flash photography is allowed, and others will insist that the photographer shoot from a specific location. In such circumstances the Bride & Groom agree to accept the technical limitations that may be imposed on the equipment used. I advise the Bride & Groom to make themselves aware of the rules of the venue concerned and if necessary negotiate with the personnel concerned.
14. COPYRIGHT LAW: The 1998 Copyright, Designs, and Patents Act assigns copyright © to Mike Danby Photography. Permission is granted for personal and private use as an informational resource only, for viewing, use with digital photo frames, and computer backgrounds. Permission is also granted to produce prints of the digital images for personal and private use as an informational resource only. These permissions are granted to the Bride & Groom and their relatives only. Any other use of the digital images, including - reproduction for purposes other than those noted above, modification, distribution, republication, transmission, re-transmission, modification, or public showing - is strictly prohibited. The selling of the wedding photos for profit for the Bride & Groom, their friends and relatives is also strictly forbidden.
15. DATA PROTECTION: Your confidentiality and the protection of your data is my priority. A certain amount of your personal data will be required in order to fulfil the contract, you will see all documents where it’s used, and you will receive PDF copies of all documents with your photos. The data gathered will only ever be used in relation to your wedding. Your data will be handled and processed in accordance with my Photography Privacy & Data Protection Policy. A copy of which is available on my website and you will receive a copy with your Wedding Contract.
16. MODEL RELEASE: The Bride & Groom grant Mike Danby Photography and its legal representatives, heirs and assigns, the irrevocable and unlimited consent to use the photographs of the Bride & Groom for editorial, competition, advertising and any other purpose and in any manner, to alter the photographs without restriction; and to copyright the images. The Bride & Groom hereby releases Mike Danby Photography and its legal representatives, heirs and assigns from all liability and claims in connection with the images.
17. FORCE MAJEURE & LIMIT OF LIABILITY: In the unlikely event of total photographic failure, or If the photographer is too ill or becomes injured and cannot supply the wedding services specified above, beyond Mike Danby’s control, his liability shall be limited to a full refund of ALL monies paid. Your statutory rights are not affected. In the unlikely event and possibility that images may be lost, stolen or destroyed for reasons beyond the control of Mike Danby Photography. In these circumstances liability is limited to the return of fees paid for the service or part thereof according to the percentage of original images supplied. Mike Danby Photography has full Public Liability, and Professional Indemnity Insurance. The clients are also encouraged to take out Wedding Insurance to cover any unforeseen eventualities.
18. CANCELLATION & POSTPONEMENT: In the event of the Bride & Groom cancelling the wedding for whatever reason, the booking fee is non-refundable. It will be considered as liquidated damages to Mike Danby Photography. In the event of the full payment being received on booking, only the amount equivalent to the normal booking fee is non-refundable. Should the cancelled wedding turn out to be a postponement, then, subject to Mike Danby’s availability, all money paid maybe applied to the new wedding. In this case, the total fees chargeable shall be the fee which applies at that time of re-arrangement.
19. TRAVEL: The Bride & Groom is responsible for all travel, accommodation, meal and transport costs unless provided by The Bride & Groom. Travel is included in the Wedding Packages, travel between wedding venues will also be included, this also includes any pre-site and consultation visits if the wedding is within a 15 mile radius from Newport East Yorkshire, above this distance, travel is charged at 45p per mile. Any distances beyond 125 miles radius, accommodation costs will be due. In addition The Bride & Groom will also be responsible for any travel costs that include such things as:- The London congestion charge, parking fees and toll charges. Any such charges will be added to the final Delivery Payment.
20. DELIVERY OF PRODUCTS: Speed of Delivery of your products depends on what choices you make. Your Photos will normally be ready to view in your online gallery within 14 (fourteen) days of the wedding, enabling you to make a request for further removals and to start your selection of 60 images if that is your album selection. When you are happy, your Photo USBs are normally ready within 14 (fourteen) days after this, at which point arrangements for delivery are made. Photobook Albums are normally ready 28 (twenty-eight) days after the placing of the order or submitting your image selection or after the USB if ordered before the wedding. In the event of the Photobook Albums being ordered before the wedding the USB will be delivered at the same time as the Photobook Albums.
21. REJECT PHOTOGRAPHS: Any photographs such as duplicates or of insufficient quality that the photographer deems to be rejects, are NOT the property of, will NOT be shown to, nor given to the Bride & Groom, nor otherwise used in anyway by the photographer. The photographs deemed as reject will be deleted once the USB has been produced.
22. APPLICABLE LAW: This agreement shall be governed by the laws of England & Wales.
23. VARIATION: These Terms & Conditions shall not be varied except by agreement in writing.
E & OE
Return to Top